FSO and QEmu

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 02:56:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

2008/9/17 Visti Andresen <talpa at talpa.dk>:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:38:50 +0200
> "Michael 'Mickey' Lauer" <mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:
>

>> Hmm, ok, I'm out of my depth here. I thought you had FSO already
>> running and had problems with frameworkd or zhone. I'm afraid I can't
>> help until you are at that point.
>>
> But you have FSO running on you qemu'lator?
> So its just me doing something the wrong way around?

I just checked and I could boot milestone 2 and 3 but not with current
u-boot.  The current u-boot from buildhost (1.3.2) did just what you
described - rebooted just after decompressing the kernel.  Before it
reboots it prints the following message on the debug board port:

ERROR: image overwritten - must RESET the board to recover.

Googling hints that it's some kind of regression in upstream u-boot
and there's a fix for it already:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2008-April/032477.html

Let's wait for the patch to make it to openmoko tree and use older
u-boot in the meantime.

Regards