Problems with python-pygst in FSO M3

Richard Cooke richard.mallender at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:49:16 CEST 2008

I am running the lastest FSO image from downloads.freedesktop.org.
I have been developing a simple python script using gstreamer which I had
working under MS2.
While it is possible that I may not have fulfilled all dependencies after
reflashing the rootfs, I am unable to solve this problem:

>>> import gst
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gst-0.10/gst/__init__.py", line 31,
in <module>
    import sys, gobject
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gobject/__init__.py", line
33, in <module>
    from glib import spawn_async, idle_add, timeout_add,
timeout_add_seconds, \
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/glib/__init__.py", line 30,
in <module>
    from glib._glib import *
ImportError: libpyglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

With a bit of googling I have found that libpyglib-2.0.so appears to be
contained in the python-pygobject module in other distros. It does not
appear in this module in the FSO build.