New Meta-toolchain

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sat Sep 20 05:35:32 CEST 2008

Julian Chu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a fresh meta-toolchain.
> You can download it by the link.
>
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/openmoko-i686-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain.tar.bz2
> or
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/openmoko-x86_64-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain.tar.bz2
>
> This meta-toolchain didn't include enought libraries, actually.
> It was smaller.
>
> If you need some libraries but not be included in the toolchain,
> you can use opkg to download it from downloads.openmoko.org.
> ( the default respository is Testing-repository )

Oh... Cool! I was waiting something like this since long time :P.

Btw a nice feature to add imho would be including something like
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ldd and using it to calculate the package
dependencies checking the
$OMTOOL_DIR/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/opkg/info/*.list
files when using om-make-ipkg.
Having a tool like ldd for arm compiled files would help a lot...

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/