ssh via WiFi AND USB

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Mon Sep 22 03:39:40 CEST 2008

Alexander Lehner wrote:
> Solution was to change /etc/default/dropbear from
>
> DROPBEAR_PORT=`ip addr list usb0 | awk 'BEGIN { FS="[ /]+" } /inet ...
>
> into:
>
> DROPBEAR_PORT=22
>
> For experienced users, ssh over WiFi makes sense, so why forbid it?
>
> Is there already any doc/mailing about this that I didn't see, should I
> make a Wiki entry about this?

Well, I think that the OM solution is good, btw according to the
dropebear man (and code), it should be possible to put more than a
port/ip to the "allowed list".
That's why I've tried to add as
 DROPBEAR_PORT="192.168.0.202:22 192.168.10.55:22"
This should allow the ssh server to listen on these two IP:port
combinations (the first one if for USB and the 2nd is the one I use with
wifi at home) but it doesn't work (i.e. after that I've no permissions
both via usb and via wifi).
Any idea?

Bye!

--