unable to read from Sandisk 8Gb SD

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Sep 25 07:26:19 CEST 2008

Sander van Grieken wrote:

>>> I agree, and that's where sane-srcrevs.conf comes in, because it acts as
>>> a gatekeeper for distribution integration testing.
>>>
>>> But the SD card corruption patch (and most others patches) have no impact
>>> on interfaces or integration and could have been pushed out into the
>>> world much earlier. They solve important problems users have.
>> Yes, and sane-srcrevs.inc is the file which needs to be changed by the
>> person who makes the guarantee that it has no impact on interfaces or
>> integration.  Then it will appear in the testing feeds automatically.
>
> And that person is on holiday?

Well, for the FSO distribution, it could be any person with OE commit
rights who feels they can make that "guarantee" (which is no more a
guarantee than any other developer making a release of software).  There
would be at least 5 people I can think of in this position (including
myself).

For the Openmoko git repository, I dunno whether it's just one person or
a number of people who have the responsibility and access to do this.

-- Rod