Problem with webcam connected to openmoko

Walter Christie wheeltracks1932 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 23:43:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I'm using my FreeRunner with Debian, running the 2.6.28 kernel. I'm trying to get my QuickCam 5000 running, and can't seem to generate /dev/video0. The webcam is connected to the Neo through a powered hub. Are the v4l2 drivers already buil-in

The Neo is set as a USB host, and it actually works with a USB keyboard connected through the hub. "lsusb/" shows the right device ID, and so forth for the webcam. I've got all the relevant packages installed correctly... fswebcam says that there's no /dev/video0, v4l-conf says the same thing. There's nothing in /dev that looks relevant.

What else could I do to get the webcam to work?