Openmoko kernels: generated image issues

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Apr 27 14:46:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

(I mailed this to the openmoko general and kernel lists before, but
got no response, maybe this list is the correct one ...).

To the people who maintain the script for daily kernel builds in
unstable/experimental at
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/unstable/daily/om-gta02/
and
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/experimental/daily/om-gta02/

Please, check your script: the generated images are useless, because
the usb0 interface on the phone is not activated. And this has nothing
to do with usb0=>ethX interface change on the host. It seems some
depmod is wrong or forgotten (the kernel is 2.6.29-rc2 but tries to
find modules from 2.6.29-rc3, while the image itself is called
2.6.28-andy-tracking ...).
For the nox image it is impossible to change anything about that (no X
on the phone).
Therefore: could somebody please correct this and make sure we can
once again ssh into the phone?

Franky