rssi values in adhoc networks

Kai Timmer email at kait.de
Mon Apr 27 19:00:52 CEST 2009

Hello,
i have asked this question before on the linux-wireless list. But
because of the "non-standard" ar6000 driver, I think that the chance
that someone here can help me out is better.
What i need to do is to get the rssi values in a adhoc network. I am
not excatly sure what value is shown by iwconfig at the moment (see my
last mail), but i think it always shows the rssi value of the last
package received out of the network.
But what i want, is a list with all nodes in the adhoc network and the
according rssi value for every node. So if there are 10 nodes in the
network, i would like to have table with 10 MAC addresses and 10 rssi
values.
I have never done kernel space development before, but there must be a
way to keep this values in the driver and i'am willing to implement
it, but i need a starting point. Maybe someone could help me with a
idea, of how to accomplish this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greets,
--