GPS NMEA sentences over serial port

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:00:52 CEST 2009

RANJAN <infibit at gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     RANJAN <infibit at gmail.com> writes:
>     > > Do you want to tell me that you want to implement this chain:
>     > > GPS <--UART--> SoC <--USB--> RS232-USB converter <--RS232--> laptop ?
>     >
>     > Well I am not an expert like you are ,I am just a beginner.The chain I think is:
>     > GPS on FR (USB) <-> USB to serial converter <-> laptop (USB)
>
>     It looks like i'm not an expert enough because i can't understand your
>     diagram...
>
> What is not so clear in my diagram.I just want to connect the FR to
> laptop using a USB to serial converter

Hehe, going circles.

You want to connect the FR to laptop using a USB-serial converter,
ok. FR doesn't have a serial port so it implies you'll connect the
converter to FR via USB and to laptop via RS232 (because it's the only
common serial standard used on laptops except for USB but you imply
it's not usb, so it must be RS232). That's exactly the diagram i asked
you about and you said i misunderstood you...

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com