Getting Neo1973 running again.

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:15:20 CEST 2009

Svetoslav Trochev <sal_electronics at hotmail.com> writes:
> Currently I am having problem with GSM. The first time started SHR it
> work and I was able to make outgoing and receive incoming calls. After I
> power-off the device and power it back on the GSM was not connecting to
> the AT&T any more. I power-off the phone, pull the battery out and hold
> [power] button for 10s.

Yes, known problem, warm boot is not working. frameworkd doesn't send
AT at POFF command to turn the modem off, so it stays on. FSO guys
promised to fix it soon. No need to hold power button, just take out
the battery for several seconds, it's enough.

> playing trick on me I believe there is update for the GSM firmware, but
> I am having problem locating the instructions on the wiki. So my
> question to everyone am I correct or I need to look some where else to
> get my GSM working correctly?

Updating GSM firmware is strongly adviced, especially for gta01
users. You can find instructions at GSM/Firmware wiki page.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com