Problems developing a simple c program

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Feb 2 01:10:22 CET 2009

http://andreasdalsgaard.blogspot.com/2008/07/openmoko-development-in-5-minutes.html

> at step 4 i have problems with the command om-conf. command not found.

By far the most common cause of this is forgetting/failing/mis-entering:

. /usr/local/openmoko/arm/setup-env

You need the intial '. ', which tells the shell to 'source' the specified
file instead of execute it.  If executed it sets all the environment
variables, then when it finishes all the changes are lost as it returns to
your shell.  Once that's done, you can try "echo $PATH" and the first
component of the path should be "/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin" - that folder
should contain om-conf and 40-some other programs that are aprt of the
toolchain.  If it still fails, post back what shell you're using.  ('echo
$SHELL')

PS - I think a more descriptive name in your email addressing would be
nice... ;)

> It s not easy for me to start developing in c. To build a package is a
> big big projekt for me, but to start i am happy to compile a easy .c
> file, so i can start it on the arm4 cpu on the freerunner...
>
> thanks for your help. whats the easy way to start developing in c?
>
> Greets
>
> Stefan

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)