Xorg / Glamo ?

Christopher Friedt chrisfriedt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:03:02 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Thomas Seiler <thseiler at gmail.com> wrote:
> But OE as such is not relocatable i.e. you can not move it to a
> different directory (I think the reason is mainly the cross toolchain
> which has some pathes to the lib compiled into the binaries. So even
> if someone did package up this working oe tree, you would need to
> untar it precisely to the same location...

That's a very valid point - the cross toolchain that OE builds most
certainly has static paths compiled in (rpath, include paths, default
library paths, etc).

My suggestion is, to run

bitbake -c clean gcc-cross
bitbake -c clean binutils-cross

Hopefully by cleaning these packages from the staging directory,
bitbake would be automatically triggered to re-compile the necessary
components of the cross-toolchain if something like 'bitbake
fso-image' were later called.