WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - new record!

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 11 13:46:24 CET 2009

Philip Rhoades wrote:
> It finally failed at about 30 hours.

I knew Murphy was just playing with us ;)

And in dmesg.txt, I see this:
> [106901.870000] Target debug interrupt

Just what I expected.

Interestingly, the firmware blew up at a different location than
in my channel change experiments. (Line 0x87a instead of 0x393.)

I'll send it to Atheros and see if that's enough information for
them or if they need anything else.

> When I am running the test I am usually not using the FR for anything  
> else - maybe just some terminal stuff.

Perfect. As long as the problem appears, fewer factors are better.

> Oddly, after it had failed, I restarted the network and it failed again  
> in about a minute.  I then started it again and copied the attached  
> files over FYI - no "BUSY" in dmesg output . .

That's good then. The "BUSY" was offered by Atheros as a possible
explanation for why --power maxperf made some problems go away
(the underlying cause would be a bug in the SDIO controller), but
I didn't really think we had that issue anyway.

Thanks a lot !

- Werner

More information about the devel mailing list