Unstable paroli images

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Fri Feb 20 23:41:51 CET 2009

Hej,

Alexander Mueller wrote:
> Hey folks, read about Paroli a few days ago. Didnt really know what all
> this paroli was about. Tried it out today and I am quite amazed. I love
> the idea of having a python base phone. And I d love to contribute for
> this as well.

Nice to hear. I can only say it again, if you have any ideas or
questions let me know :) Am usually online on irc and always scanning
the mailinglists :)

> A few weeks from now the Chemitzer Linux Tage take place and the guys
> there plan to have a Paroli sprint over the weekend. I think I will go
> there.

Hehe, I was going to write something about that next week, but while we
are at it :)

On march 15th I am going to hold a code-sprint at the Chemnitz' Linux
days in Chemnitz, Germany. My plan was to hack around in a settings
application. There is only a rough plan so far, so ideas are welcome.

The idea:

Create a settings application that "detects"/registers configurable
elements when paroli loads and presents them to the user.
What is needed:
a way to mark configurables in the services and around the code
a flexible way to create the gui for such an application

As I said very vague, but creativity is king :)

So if you feel like a code sprint or just want to see paroli development
live - see you at CLT 2009.

> Are you guys from Germany and maybe from that area as well? If so, why
> not post something about this here on the mailing list?

Ok, I have to confess now: I was born and raised in Berlin, but moved
around a bit and am currently living in Sweden. But I visit Berlin and
Germany quite regularly (Mid-March for example, first Chemnitz then
Berlin) and again at the beginning of April for re:publica in Berlin. If
anyone is up for a get-together, bouncing of ideas or some hacking, let
me know, I am always keen on diving into paroli and making it better :)

Thanks for the kind words again :)

/mirko

---

and don’t forget: