Exposure

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Jan 6 03:48:56 CET 2009

Who is responsible for development of Exposure.py settings app?  I don't
know where to propose this.

My suggestion is that Exposure would be more flexible if it were able to
automatically incorporate whatever valid modules it finds in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/expos/ instead of requiring modifications
of __init__.py and exposure.py itself to add something.

As it stands now if a new module is added it needs to modify the
aforementioned files, which generally speaking is a bad idea, and also
means that the new modules would silently vanish when Exposure itself is
updated.  I'm working on a few additions of general utility, but I'm
thinking more of settings modules that would have limited usefulness,
pertinent only to specific hardware or service situations for example.

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)