Touch based Dual Boot Menu

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Thu Jan 8 19:45:47 CET 2009

please excuse my questions (perhaps too stupid for you):

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 03:27:17 -0200
Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> (WA) wrote:

>More specifically, that you don't actually change the boot loader
>but make a small Linux system that does nothing but bring up the
>menu and then execute the respective choice with kexec.

i had look into it briefly and found this in trac:

>kexec requires a zImage; it cannot boot a uImage. The zImage file can
>be found in the arch/arm/boot directory after the kernel is built.
>Itis, unfortunately, not packaged in the standard repositories nor
>present on the standard images. The various distro owners will have to
>determine how to arrange for the alternate format.
>
>(tested on a gta01 with the current "stable" kernel - boots fine.)

so each distro would have to supply zImage... or can one locate the
build directory where our [fr owners :)] kernels come from, so one
could get t zImage from there?

--
Petr Vaněk