Illume desktop and fileman

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.org
Sun Jan 11 18:54:28 CET 2009

Hi,

I am currently (among many other things) fighting with the illume
design. More precisely with the display of the *.desktop files.

What I want to achieve:
I want the icons/entries to be displayed one per line at a height of
roughly 65px. I actually don't want the pictures at all but rather only
the names of the programs available in a long scroll list.

The illume-settings do not allow me to change to a list design. Raster
said Fileman has this option but it is currently not available and or
functional.

Has anyone and idea how I could achieve the list view using the tools
available ?

I have tried several things such as editing the illume.edj and decrease
the size of the swallow containing the icons, which gives a list view,
but cuts of the titles once they are increased in size (a rather logical
result).

Any other ideas?

/mirko