andy-tracking

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jan 12 00:49:06 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> Agree about that, we should move to modularized WLAN but last time I
> tried this with Atheros stack I was completely unable to get it to work.
> ~ Hopefully it's better now.

Yes, I made this work with the Linux SDIO stack a while ago. Just to
be sure, I tested modular AR6k again with the latest andy-tracking,
and it still seems to work nicely. The options I changed from "y" to
"m" are CONFIG_MMC_S3C and CONFIG_AR6000_WLAN. Tried both
gta02-moredrivers-defconfig and gta02-packaging-defconfig.

So I agree that it would be good to modularize WLAN in our defconfigs
soonish.

By the way, it always puzzled me why we have CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD enabled.
It doesn't cause much overhead, but it still seems odd to have it.

- Werner