WLAN status update

Michael Buesch mb at bu3sch.de
Mon Jan 12 21:03:43 CET 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 20:54:17 Andy Green wrote:

> |> Perhaps we should resume this on linux-wireless, since I guess that's
> |> where all the rfkill folks hang out.
> |
> | Yes please do this, if you want.
>
> Oh dear.  I thought we almost had Werner writing the rfkill code there
> for a moment.  But it needs more discussion on a bigger list.
>
> Otherwise the giant beached whale that is AR6001 driver might not go
> upstream because rfkill support was not legally watertight to the docs :-)

Well, you guys want to get it implemented correctly. Because otherwise it will
completely break wireless. Every bug in rfkill will kill wireless. :)
So it's not that easy to get right, actually. Any discussion that improves the docs
or API is highly welcome. We know that rfkill is far from being mature.

--
Greetings, Michael.