Future of location services on OM

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Thu Jan 15 22:36:39 CET 2009

Hi,

these are interesting ideas. At the moment I imagine building something
really simple. Give cell id to location system, gets position.

I then would like to test the use of neighbour cells to increase
accuracy, by identifying the smallest common area. Give cell idS to
location system, gets position.

As Nick pointed to me, use neighbour cells to build the database brings
a risk of enlarging quite a lot the cells diameter, thus nullifying the
benefit from using more cells at a time.

Onen