Future of location services on OM

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Thu Jan 15 22:52:40 CET 2009

Hi,

Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> It's a GSM monitor for cell informations. Also neighbour cells. And yes, you got
> us. Not documented API until now. Mickey fixed it:
>
> http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.GSM.Monitor.html;hb=HEAD

Ok then I only answered your question for GPS. For GSM I register to
dbus signal:
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.Status
This may contain optional fields such as MCC, MNC, lac, cid, etc.

I had a look at the monitor interface. It interests me for the neighbour
cells use for increasing the accuracy of the positioning. But otherwise
it lacks anyway the MCC, and MNC. To be sure of the tuple I log, I
prefer to get everything in a single shot. Moreover, I prefer to receive
signals instead of calling monitor methods every time I want to log
something, I guess this saves CPU, thus power.
>> Ok. So far I had a quick look at the way to build an opk package. I will
>> look at this afterwards.
>>

> Sure, just ping me if you have something you want to integrate into the feed.

Thanks, will do that.

> Tichy plugins are for the user interface part. I would put none of the above
> into it. That's what we have the framework for.

Did not know that tichy was thought for user interface only. Thanks for
clarifying.

Onen