Unable to modify from U-Boot to Qi.

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Fri Jan 16 17:19:25 CET 2009

| Hi Andy,
|
| Sorry for not making it clear.
|
| Actually what happens is:
|
| 1) When I try booting
| (after flashing Qi into NAND from NOR flash mode and inserting SD card
| with ext3 partition containing Android images) by pressing the
| Power button for 10 secs, the device stops at the splash screen.
| Then I did cu to check what happened, I got the following:
|
| NAND read: device 0 offset 0x880000, size 0x5000
|  20480 bytes read: OK
| Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
|
| NAND read: device 0 offset 0x80000, size 0x200000
|  2097152 bytes read: OK
| ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 32000000 ...
|    Image Name:   OM GTA02 android_458301db547e537
|    Created:      2009-01-09  15:30:58 UTC
|    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
|    Data Size:    2538032 Bytes =  2.4 MB
|    Load Address: 30008000
|    Entry Point:  30008000
|    Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC
| ERROR: can't get kernel image!

This can be caused if the kernel is bigger than 2MBytes, the U-Boot env
var than does the load and boot defaults to ending there.

| GTA02v6 # mmcinit
| cmd 0x8, arg 0x1aa flags 0x75
| Error after cmd: 0xfffffffc
| Card Type:          SD
| Manufacturer:       0x1b, OEM "SM"
| Product name:       "SMI  ", revision 1.0
| Serial number:      155843909
| Manufacturing date: 11/2007
| MMC/SD size:        497MiB
|
| GTA02v6 # ext2ls mmc 1:1 /boot
| <DIR>       1024 .
| <DIR>       1024 ..
|               36 append-GTA02
|          2533736 uImage-GTA02.bin
|
| It reads from NAND flash and not from SD card.
| So it fails to read from SD and tries reading
| from NAND. I dont know why.
|
| 2) After flashing QI, NAND menu should not occur
| as per wiki, but i see NAND menu when I press
| Power first aux next. I dont know why? Dont know
| whether I have flashed Qi or not?

Right, no, as you suspect Qi would replace NAND U-Boot so you don't see
that any more.  What dfu-util commandline did you use for this flashing
action, I guess the problem is there.

You're definitely still running U-Boot above not Qi.

- -Andy