phonon

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 01:36:21 CET 2009

2009/1/21 Mickael Labrousse <m.labrousse at bcmd.fr>

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm looking for phonon or help to cross-compil it for the freerunner.
>
> Does anyone have experience with it ?

I used it some months ago as fso has a big latency for playing sound (that
is normal and declared), as I want to add audio feedback while pressing some
button in a application.
While testing this I found some problems, opened a  bug at trolltech and
they are still working on it.
In a general way it works, but if you use it calling stop/play frequently it
breaks and you cannot hear sound again from the same media object.

Actually I do not remember the exact actions to have it compiled by OE, it
may be bitbaking gstreamer and after bitbaking qt4 (I do not  remember if i
patched qt configuration.inc).

     Nicola