Compiling linux applications for the Freerunner

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Jan 26 01:51:27 CET 2009

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, you should have environment-setup in /usr/local/openmoko/arm - check
your toolchain tarball and see if it's there.  If it is then re-extract the
archive, otherwise re-download. http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/

The i686 toolchain .tar.bz2 (which I use) is 20694163 bytes (ls -l) and
dated September 18 2008, and I double-checked before replying that it
contains environment-setup. ;)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 06:03:02 -0800 (PST), Trevanian <admin at accg.de> wrote:

> Thank you for your replies!
>
> I still have one problem though:
> Sourcing /usr/local/openmoko/arm/environment-setup doesn't seem to work.
> There is no file or directory called like that. See yourself:
>
> tobi at tobi-laptop:~/moko$ ls /usr/local/openmoko/arm/
> arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi  include  LICENSE              README     var
> bin                         ipk      package-status       scripts
> COPYING                     lib      package-status-host  setup-env
> COPYING.MIT                 libexec  pkgdata
>
> Did I install the wrong toolchain? Have the directory-names changed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Trev
> --
Joel Newkirk