Weekly Engineering News ?

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Tue Jan 27 16:17:52 CET 2009

Yorick,
thanks for asking.

One reason why I stopped was that Minh wrote much better updates than
me, the famous 'Community Updates'
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Community_Update
About 2 weeks ago Minh decided to suspend his journalistic activities,
so Brenda is now continuing with the tradition.
The latest one just came out a few days ago:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates/January_23th%2C_2009

As for myself, I have mostly been working on optimizing assignments
and recruiting in the last few months. Boring stuff to talk about, I
just couldn't get regular interesting updates out.
Luckily we are fortunate that some great new people joined, both in
Taipei and around the world.
I need to continue to do this for a few more months, we need to build
a stronger team so we can turn our ideas for 2009 into real, high
quality products.
In the meantime, development on gta01 and gta02 continues, gta02 is
available and in stock in many countries. We are building the
technical foundation for great products to come, all 100% free and
open of course.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang