Guitar Tuner app probs with using /dev/dsp on 2.6.28

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 03:27:39 CET 2009

Hi,

Andy Green wrote:

> Biquad filters are cheap and simple to do as integer and they're
> flexible.  There's a generic float implementation here:

Thanks. Will experiment and see if that improves things.

Andy Green wrote:

> Link seems broken.

Yup. Edited on nabble. Forgot the ML. Correct link is
http://guitartune.projects.openmoko.org/ this.

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> Help us fix the bug :-)

Sure - what can I do? Can you point me to some background?

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> As a workaround you can write a wrapper program that
>
> 1) opens alsa device (don't use legacy /dev/dsp)
> 2) only after that switches to voice-recording.state
> 3) streams data to stdout
>
> and on reception of SIGINT first
>
> 4) switches back to streoout.state
> 5) closes alsa device
>
> This can be done as a shell script that uses arecord.

Hmmm. OK. Let me try that out too. Thanks.

Any ideas about the UI? Would welcome some. Also, would using elementary be
faster than Gtk?