FSO and Paroli

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Thu Jan 29 00:29:14 CET 2009

Hi,

c_c wrote:

> I think there are basically 2 ways (that come to my mind) of doing this :-
>
> 1. Do this within Paroli
> 2. Do this in e (illume actually)

As I said earlier I think illume is too big a step right now as it
involves changing a lot in gadgets and fileman etc. There is too much
code and tweaking we'd have to go through for it to be done overnight.

If we use the paroli infrastructure for now we can build all that is
needed without too many unknowns.

> Mirko Lindner wrote:
>> ... so I created a launcher application in paroli now. It can optionally
>> be started and then it is a fully theme-able launcher screen.
>>
>   Great! That should allow me to start using Paroli instead of Zhone.

Hehe, well a few applications are still missing, but they certainly are
much easier to develop now.

>  Really Great! These efforts should get more people using Paroli - which
> should result in more feedback at the very least.
>  Plus, it would definitely help me in understanding how to go about making
> some apps the Paroli way!

I did the webpage part and uploaded the api (
http://www.paroli-project.org/api ) the tutorial comes in the next one
or two days.

> I have a few more questions :-
>  Is there a way I can get a daily snapshot of Paroli? I'm using the ipk's
> provided  http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/charlie/Paroli/ here . Are they
> current?

We are working on those. We really need them I agree. For now only the
git is there.

>  How do I get the launcher to start?

If you get a current git and run it from within the source directory (
see: http://www.paroli-project.org/running-paroli/ ) it should start
automatically. The source can then be found in the paroli-applications
folder subdirectory paroli-launcher.

>  What about the shift to Python 2.6?

seems to work smoothly a couple of deprecation warnings and a small
thing in logging etc but that is fixed.

>  Can the top bar show a working clock now?
It is indeed.

>  Has the scrolling issue in addressbook sorted out?
scrolling issue?

/mirko