Exposure in paroli? [was: Re: Exposure]

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 06:24:20 CET 2009

Hi,

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)-2 wrote:

> possible - not that i'm going to do it - but anything is possible with
> code. :)
> i am not touching the launcher in illume as i am going to pretty much gut
> it
> anyway later.

  Ha! well, I wasn't expecting you to do it. Can you throw some light on
what you're going to come up with after you 'gut' illume :-).

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)-2 wrote:

> if you want a settings app - write one. if the .desktop Categories have
> System
> and Settings in it - it will get listed under the system "tab" in e's
> settings
> panel - clicking it will launch that app.

I'm looking at doing just that. Wanted some answers about the the how's and
why's. This seems like a decent way of doing things to me.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)-2 wrote:

> e has a notification module that does this with the xdf notifications dbus
> protocol - it likely wont look great on a small screen - but it'll work.

Can Illume (or something like that) modify the way data is presented on the
screen through xdf notifications?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)-2 wrote:

> it just changes e's behavior and ui a bit.
> the problem is its too much in 1 place and needs splitting up.

Is that part of the de-gutting process? The reason I'm asking is that I
wouldn't want to spend time trying to modify Illume if what you're going to
do changes the paradigm itself.