Building the image with mokomake file

Mike Westerhof (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Wed Jul 22 23:15:33 CEST 2009

Nicola Mfb wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Mike Westerhof
> (mwester)<mwester at dls.net> wrote:
>> Nicola Mfb wrote:
>>> Or to answer "y" when cp, mv etc.
>> It's nothing more than a poor set of configuration options that are used
>> for the busybox utilities.
>>
>> The "official" solution is to install the full versions of the utilities
>> to replace the busybox ones (various packages, but in this case I'd
>> start with the coreutils and the tar packages).
>>
>> The "correct" solution, IMO, would be for the various distro managers to
>> upgrade the busybox defconfig used by their distro.  I'd recommend they
>> take a look at the SlugOS version of the busybox defconfig as a starting
>> point; it's tested, works, and turns on a lot of the "missing" stuff.
>>
>> Mike (mwester)
>
> Mike may you elaborate?
> as before there were less restrictions, are you saying that someone
> changed the busybox defconfig in OE and all branches merged that
> automatically?

Basically, yes.  All the OM distros built with openembedded are based on
the Angstrom distro, and inherited the preferred busybox version and
defconfig used by Angstrom.  There may be very sound reasons for the
current busybox restrictions -- perhaps Angstrom wishes to default to a
very small busybox for some very small hardware that it supports -- but
there is no reason that each OM distro cannot have its own defconfig
that is a superset of the base Angstrom defconfig.

Mike (mwester)