Booting from SD

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 16:18:17 CEST 2009

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
> Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
> It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
> The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
>
> Please contact your system administrator.
> Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
> Offending key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1
> RSA host key for 192.168.0.202 has changed and you have requested strict
> checking.
> Host key verification failed.
>
> What could be the problem and how can it be solved?

Vikas has explained the solution. The cause is that the new installation has a
new RSA key, but the same IP address as before. This is as it should be, but
when you try to connect to it ssh on your PC is rightly paranoid, and warns
you that the key for that IP address has changed. As the changed key is
expected we can safely delete the old entry from ~/.ssh/known_hosts on the PC.