Serial port not working on GTA02 with debug board

Christopher Hall hsw at openmoko.com
Fri Jun 12 04:17:46 CEST 2009

Hello Abhishek,
On 2009 June 8 Monday 20:37:22 Abhishek Bajpai wrote:
> I want to interface a computers serial port with GTA02 . I connected debug
> Board V3 with GTA02 and to my computer.
> I set the baud rate to 112500 8N1 of the ttyUSB0 device through minicom.

The Debug board should appear as two serial ports:
ttyUSB0 is used with openocd to access the JTAG port
ttyUSB1 is the connected to the CPU console

so if you change minicom to ttyUSB1 you ought to be able to connect.

there should be a line in the GTA02 inittab to start getty
S:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 ttySAC2

so minicom with set to 115200 8N1, press enter and you should get the login
prompt.  Hope this helps

--
Best regards.
Christopher Hall                      hswATopenmoko.com