Beeing my own internet provider?

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Mon Jun 22 13:20:47 CEST 2009

A modem won't do it, the GSM/etc. protocols are just way too asymmetric.
I'm not sure, but I don't think you can buy hardware that acts as a mobile base station.
And even if you could, you'd probably need an operator licence to turn it on. :)
Your best bet is WiFi.
Or if the range is really small, bluetooth.

Citando Michal Brzozowski <rusolis at poczta.fm>:

> 2009/6/22 Alexander Lehner <lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de[1]>
>
> Since the internet access from mobile phones is sometimes pretty
> expensive, i thought about setting up my own dial-in point and use my
> flatrate at home.
> Does any one know if that is physically possible at all - I mean, can I
> plug a modem or ISDN card at home and call it with my Freerunner over ppp?
>
> Alex.

If you get a plan that allows you to call a chosen number for free, then you can have free internet on your phone :-)

Ligações:
---------
[1] mailto:lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de