[glamo drm] Glamo's Graphics Execution Manager

Juan Alberto Aranda Alvarez jaranda at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 3 20:44:43 CET 2009

Hello everybody, I'm in the process of implementing the Graphics
Execution Manager and Kernel mode selection . This was discussed some
time ago. And most people tend to agree that's the way to go for
graphics support on Linux. Once I get this stuff running the next step
is to continue the mesa driver development to bring accelerated OpenGL
support for the freerunner.

GEM was developed for the Intel hardware because TTM was trying to
build a os agnostic memory manager system for driver development. Some
drivers are planning to use but right now there is no standard. Intel
claimed a 50% increase on openarena. You'll be hearing more from me as
I dig deeper. The advantages have been mentioned before.

Any help or comments would be very welcomed. All this goes into
building a software stack that will use hardware accelerated 3d
graphics on the gta02 and also gta03 eventually.

Juan

--
"You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You
must have a democracy in order to have a revolution."

Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936)
Tremendous Trifles--Wind and the trees