[frameworkd] Gps interface and object

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:38:37 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 10:33:41AM +0100, Pietro m0nt0 Montorfano wrote:
> Just a simple question, why the GPS dbus interface and object path are
> "org.freedesktop" and not "org.freesmartphone"?
> I really can't understand this, it's not a problem but it will be more
> clear to make it under the org.freesmartphone.* no?

Hi,

First of all: I'm not in the FSO team, but this is how I understand
it:

the gypsy-interface did already exist, so FSO guys "just" copied the
interface. The Gypsy interface is under org.freedesktop, so the
frameworks GPS interface uses the same namespace. For all the other
things there were no interfaces before so they invented their own
using their own namespace.

-- Sebastian