Information regarding FSO framework

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 13:17:52 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009, sandilya b wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I just got a new Openmoko Neo Forerunner phone to perform some
> development for a class project. I am very excited about it as I can
> perform many operations on it. Now I want to write a program in python that
> can give me details about my phone like,IMEI, Battery, Contacts, bluetooth
> status etc..
>
> I did some reading about it and found that FSO API can help me perform
> these operations very easily. Now the big question is how to install it on
> my phone and start using it. Can you guys say which one is better like FSO
> or ZHONE or  anything else which is easier.

If you are using the FSO API your code should work on images from FSO, SHR or
Debian. Which is 'best' is really a matter of taste, so try them. You could
partition an SD card and install all of them. FSO Milestone 5.1 and SHR-
testing are probably the versions to go for. I don't knnow if there are
differing versions of debian.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD