can't get git_git.paroli-project.org.paroli.git.tar.gz

Daniel.Li lida_mail at 163.com
Fri Mar 13 16:58:49 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 16:44 +0100, Daniel Willmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:00:23 -0400
> Mirko Lindner <mirko at openmoko.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Daniel.Li wrote:
> > > Can anyone help on this.
> > >
> > > Any hint is mostly appreciated.

> > How did you end up with those addresses?
>
> This is perfectly fine. OE first searches for a tar'd git repository in
> order to speed up checkout/update. If it doesn't find any (as in your
> case) it will continue to clone the repo from git. This is where OE
> fails in your case.
>
> git clone -n
> http://git.paroli-project.org/paroli.git /home/daniel/freerunner/fso/fso-milestone5/downloads/git/git.paroli-project.org.paroli.git
> failed with signal 128, output: fatal:
> http://git.paroli-project.org/paroli.git/info/refs not found: did you
> run git update-server-info on the server?
>
> I'm not really sure why that fails for you, it's working here.

Well, I'm confused also, see below my test with ping. It seems that
tcp/ip packet is filtered by the server 124.74.208.42.

But I don't know where the server is, and how to fix it.

Mirko has give me an address http://78.46.248.234/paroli.git/, it works.

So how can I change the OE configuration file to fix the problem. I'm
NOT familiar with OE. I think Building the fso is my first step to learn
OE.

Can u give me some advice on how to edit config files to fix the above
problem changing the ip address?

Maybe I should use grep to find the location. But I'm NOT sure if I can
do this correctly.

Any hint is well appreciated. Thanks for all ur help:)

$ ping git.paroli-project.orgg
PING git.paroli-project.orgg (218.83.175.155) 56(84) bytes of data.

Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>
PALFocus (http://palfocus.oicp.net)