FSO & Paroli

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 15 12:29:24 CET 2009

> After all that I've got a fairly basic question about Paroli and FSO. I
> thought that the beauty of the FSO Arch was that it allowed different
> apps to co-operate and make use of the hardware resources. I had
> imagined that, given DBUS, I could pick and choose applications and fit
> them together as and how I liked. Maybe that's just the way I took it
> and I have it all wrong in my head.

You're correct. The Paroli team is performing an exhausting balance act
between serving the product spec and pleasing the community. I would not
get down too hard on them.

Anyways, back to the original question. At the end of the day, it's a
non-issue. I can imagine that eventually we can simply use a gesture
or a button sequence to switch between the phone app (paroli) and the
launching interface.

:M: