RealTimeClock

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Mar 19 14:55:39 CET 2009

smartphones-standards at linuxtogo.org would fit most.

> However, I wonder if an API for the RTC
> is planed that takes care of multiple wake up times? Until now, I have to
> take care if another application set the time already...

RTC is probably going to stay like that, since it's a low level interface. The
big picture is that the (higher level) PIM service would handle this, e.g.
once it knows about all your appointments, it can always compute the next
alarm that is due and program the RTC accordingly.

Cheers,
--
:M: