Is there a direct way to build a rootfs of openmoko fso?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 15:27:25 CET 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009, 郑伟 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>        I have built my own cross-compiler. Using that, I have also built
> the openmoko uboot,kernel. Now I want to build the root filesystem. I don't
> want to use OE. It is too complicated.

wget http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/Makefile
make setup
make fso-gta02-milestone5-image

That's the essence of the instructions at downloads.freesmartphone.org and it
assumes you have the prequisites for OE installed, but you would most likely
need them anyway.

>        Is there a direct way to build a root file system just like this:
> getting and compiling source codes of all the needed components and make
> them to rootfs?
>
>        I don't know which & how many compontents are needed by openmoko fso
> and where the source codes are. Are Qtopia, openmoko-dialer needed by
> openmoko fso? If they are, Does it mean that I can compile the busybox,
> qtopia, openmoko-dialer and then make them into a fso rootfs image?

You could stick it all together manually, but it's a _lot_ more complicated
than using OE.