FatFingerShell vt with fullscreen keyboard

Paul Sladen openmoko at paul.sladen.org
Mon Mar 30 17:38:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> --- On Fri, 3/27/09, Aapo Rantalainen <aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about vibration feedback?

The key thing that Apple worked out was showing a confirmation feedback in
the locality of the click, but outside of the target area (the magnifying
glass, and the current key keyboard pop-up after 500 msec both do this).

> Thanks for your ideas. I am trying to add that feature,

One feature I was considering adding was a scrollbar to the side of the
screen, allowing the keyboard overlay to be faded between 0% and 100%
transparency.

Thus if you just wanted to type-type-type (and not correct), you can use
fully opaque, but if you are really leet and have excellent spatial memory,
you can fade it to full transparent.  Most of the time a value of 0.6-0.9
should probably be wanted (mostly console with a faint outline).

	-Paul
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three.  Somewhere, GB.