ibfakekey0 first capital unicode-press as lower case

Matthias Camenzind m.camenzind at live.com
Tue May 12 21:08:06 CEST 2009

While writing a modification of the multitap-pad keyboard I found this behaviour. First use of a capital Unicode letter lets it be lower case.
I searched in my code but could not find a solution. I wrote a little program using libfakekey which had the same behaviour. So I think the problem is somewhere in libfakekey.
Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Other thing: Why is libfakekey not in the testing repositories? Will it come back in the 2009.x?

Little code example:
--------
#include
#include
#include

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
     gtk_init (&argc, &argv);
     int keysym[3];
     FakeKey *fk;
     keysym[0]='\xc1';
     keysym[1]='\xd3';
     keysym[2]='\xdb';
     printf("%d\n",keysym);
     printf("%d\n",FAKEKEYMOD_SHIFT | FAKEKEYMOD_CONTROL);
     fk=fakekey_init(gdk_x11_get_default_xdisplay());
     int i;
     for(i=0;i