Fwd: Re: Interest for C#/.Net/Mono wrapper of FSO Api?

Andreas Willich andreas_willich at gmx.at
Sat May 16 12:15:06 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 10:22 +0200, Wolfgang Mauer wrote:
> > Hi List
> >

> > With OM 2009 around the corner I will start to use the FSO API in my
> > applications.
> >
> > So I was thinking of writing a wrapper around FSO so I do not have
> > everywhere in my applications dbus calls to fso.
> >
> > Is there interest for such a wrapper?
> > If it is, I will look to implement the whole FSO api, if not I will only
> > implement the parts that are of interest of me.
> >
> > Definitely I will publish the source of it.
> >

> > Best regards
> > 	Andreas
> >

> Hi Andreas,
> sounds good for me.
> How is the performance with C# ?
>
> /
> Wolfgang

I think the performance of Mono 2.0 and gtk-sharp 2.12 is Ok. Not faster
than other applications but also not slower.

In my two applications for the Neo (MokoSync and FuelControl (not yet
released)) I don't really have performance problems. But they are only
little GUI applications with no bling bling.

Andreas