Weekly kernel update

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Tue May 19 07:06:27 CEST 2009

Another update.

Fixes by Mike Westerhof (mwester) <mwester at dls.net>:

* (He picked this fix from upstream)  usb gadget: fix ethernet link
reports to ethtool (Author: Jonathan McDowell <noodles at earth.li>)
* This patch adds the option to poll vbus status to the s3c24xx udc driver
* Add a vbus polling function for use by the udc driver

See: http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=andy-tracking

Documentation:

* "battery charging" when it's not - an analysis
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-May/010129.html
This analysis was contributed by Werner, explaining why the driver
reports that the battery is charging when it's not.
See also:
* Coloumb counter: "gas gauge" decay
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-May/010130.html

Upstream:

We have received feedback for the upstream submission and the
corrections have been sent.

PCF50606 deadlock fix was queued somewhere - it's no longer in the -mm tree.

Ben accepted a patch useful for the TS driver upstream submission.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg66922.html
It hasn't been discussed in this list but there is a new version of
the TS driver that uses the s3c-adc API. It would work with
andy-tracking but I don't think we should change the current
implementation now.
http://nelson-patches.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/openmoko/kernel/ts-with-s3c-adc/s3c2410_ts.c