Openmoko Bug #2085: Combining SIM telephone numers in single contact and improved import and export

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Wed May 20 21:07:30 CEST 2009

#2085: Combining SIM telephone numers in single contact and improved import and
export
 Reporter:  pander   |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:  Om2008.8
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0        |      Blockedby:
Estimated:           |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:           |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by joerg):

 I suggest to augment this with the following rules:
 1) if both names are not truncated, then pad <lastname> with a space char
 last ;first/1
 2) if lastname is truncated but firstname is not, then pad firstname with
 space char
 las;first /1
 3) we are aware there might be cases when name actually isn't truncated,
 but due to length limit we can not add any space padding. Any compare
 algorithm or display formating should handle this cases gracefully.

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2085#comment:11>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>