Glamo Speed Improvement(s) direcfb

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Fri Nov 20 00:09:33 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:53:44 +0100
mobi phil <mobi at mobiphil.com> wrote:

> Tried a few directfb application lite_msgbox. They work:) However the
> entire screen is "rotated" 150 pixels to left. Any idea?

That probably indicates that something somewhere in DirectFB is making
the invalid assumption that the visible framebuffer is the first thing
in Glamo's VRAM.  With KMS, it isn't, but usually it's only offset by a
little bit - giving the effect you describe.  You can "fix" it by
removing the block of code following the comment "Reserve a scratch
buffer..." in glamo_buffer_init near the end of
drivers/mfd/glamo/glamo-buffer.c.  This scratch buffer isn't used for
anything currently, but I left it in because it nicely shows up
problems (related to yours) in the KMS code.

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>