OM Toolchain -- Problem with libraries, opkg-target

SCarlson scottrcarlson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 04:53:06 CEST 2009

Hello All --

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04. I just install the OM Toolchain from March '09.

When attempting to install any libraries this is what I get:

sudo su
. /usr/local/openmoko/arm/environment-setup
opkg-target update (from testing repo)
opkg-target install libsdl...  (or anything for that matter)

and I get:
Installing libsdl-net-1.2-dev (1.2.7-r1) to root...
Downloading
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/armv4t/libsdl-net-1.2-dev_1.2.7-r1_armv4t.ipk
Configuring libsdl-net-1.2-dev
sh: rm: not found

I get this response with any package I install.

The system appears to have installed that package, but I can't seem to build
my project, can't find
sdl libraries..

Should I be concerned about the 'sh: rm: not found' message or focus on my
code/package for the problem...??

Thanks in advance.
Scott