How to build a fso-based distribution

Shilin Yu lunziyu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:58:18 CEST 2009

So SHR should be the best choice for me, right?
I am building the image now, and got some errors which complain "Not a git
repository", and the log is as follows:
git fetch git://gitorious.org/webkit-efl/webkit-efl.git master failed with
signal 128, output:
fatal: Not a git repository
I can access the http://://gitorious.org/webkit-efl/ and browse the source
tree of it.

Do you know how to solve this?
Thanks!

2009/10/7 Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>

> Openmoko aren't developing a distro any more.
>
> On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Shilin Yu wrote:
> > Thanks Johnson!I think I should follow your suggestions to build a
> > shr-unstable version.
> > Do you know which is the main distribution being developed by OpenMoko ?
> > In fact, I want to following their steps to develop.

> want

> > > which

> > > FSO no longer make a distro, but it is used in several others. The
> > > closest to
> > > the old FSO distro would be SHR which also uses OpenEmbedded. The
> > > instructions
> > > at [1] give a quick start guide, but it may be better to use
> shr-unstable
> > > instead of shr-testing as it suggests. You should look at some
> > > OpenEmbedded and/or bitbake tutorials for more information on how the
> > > build system works.
> > >
> > > You could also use Debian, which is uses as a basis for the Hackable1
> and
> > > QtMoko distros, or OpenWRT [3]
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Building SHR
> > > [2] http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki