[RFC] Qi Bootmenu

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:32:20 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 02:35:14PM +1100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> 3. do it all yourself at the lowest levesl. as small as it will get but by far
> the most amount of work for you.

Would be nice to have also just text-based ui or fb based just as
kexecboot have. Recent kexecboot has logo, icons, boot.cfg config file for kernel
params, wallpaper would be easy to add I guess.

Just POWER button to instruct Qi to boot kernel with menu, then AUX button to change
selected item, POWER to use selected (kernel item or ie rescan or some
configuration as kexecboot does).

BTW: I would prefer to have second instalation of favourite distro on my
SD card rather than very limited rescue system in initramfs.

just my 2c
uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa