HelP regarding Emulation!

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 01:12:42 CEST 2009

2009/10/15 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>:
> Yasir Majeed <leoyasir at gmail.com> writes:
>> continuous loop. Can anyone guide me how to emulate freerunner
>> images on Qemu emulator? or just give me link regarding that. I have
>> successfully installed the Om2007.2 images, but for freerunner
>> images Om2008.x and onwards, the moko make file solution is not
>
> Nobody's developing OM2008.x anymore. I don't think anybody is using
> an emulator. It lacked too many hardware (especially gsm emulation) to

(Technically there is an emulated GSM modem (that tries to look like
TI Calypso as much as possible) in the emulator code, for example you
can make a call to some specific phone number and it'll call back so
you can test receiving calls (the same can be done using the "ring"
command from qemu monitor).)  It's mainly the CPU differences that
prevent GTA02 images from booting.

Cheers