how to setup a development environment for neofreerunner apps

Lev M lvmtime at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 15:45:04 CEST 2009

Welcome!

The following WiKi page has details and links on how to set up building
environment to compile OpenMoko apps:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Building_a_hello_world_application

Essentially, you have two choices:

1. If you simply want to write applications you can install the
Toolchain binary (which is what I've done, and it works fine on Ubuntu)
and then use the common make tools or whatever you use to work with gcc.

2. Install open embedded. This takes up some space (about 12GB if I
remember correctly) and is oriented more towards building full OS images.

Best regards,

Lev.